Police self defense is a vital component of officer survival training. As a matter of fact, in order to be prepared for today's dangerous and unpredictable world, law enforcement officers need to learn self defense for both armed and unarmed encounters.
SCS law enforcement combat program teaches arrest and control maneuvers for all levels of physical resistance and aggression in Stand up and ground combat. You'll learn the key points of control, submission and escape from the guard, mount and side mount positions as well as reversals from the guard.
You'll also learn important ground combat skills like recovery from the ground, weapon retention on the ground, handgun quick draws on the ground, taking down a noncompliant suspect, defending a takedown with the sprawl and using striking skills on the ground.
SCS POLICE COMBAT COURSE including:
- Strength training drills and their application to police work
- Team building fitness drills
- Coping with fear on the work
- Reading body language
- Listening to your instincts
- Investigating stance and posture
- Falling on the ground
- Falling on the ground with weapon
SCS Police Stand Up Combat:
- Punches and kicks - Angles of attack
- Defensive tactics to prevent injuries
- Defense against punches and kicks
- Defense against grabs and chokes
- Defense against multiple attackers
- Defense using weapons against multiple attackers
- Defense against stick
- Defense against knife
- Defense against gun
SCS Police Ground Combat:
- Recovery Drills
- Takedowns and ground control
- Submission techniques
- Escape from the ground
- Reality combat - Stress scenarios in the ground
SCS Police Handcuffing and Team Work:
- Defensive handcuffing tactics
- Team work and situational strategy
- Reality stress combat scenarios
SCS Police Weapons Tactics:
- Handgun quick draws
- Handgun positioning and retention
- Close quarters tactics
Individual and group police self defense training is also available for law enforcement officers who wish to improve their chance of surviving on the streets.
Police self defense programs can also be adapted to the needs of individual officers.
Confidentiality and discretion is guaranteed at all times.